|Turning 65 this year and enrolling in Medicare? First-time Medicare Enrollees have a 6-month window for enrolling in a Medicare plan called “Initial Enrollment.” Your specific Initial Enrollment Period starts 3 months before your birthday-month and ends 3 months after your birthday-month.
Do you currently have Medicare Coverage and want to make changes? Open Enrollment only comes around once a year! Be prepared – keep these things in mind while on the hunt for your best Medicare Plan:
Finding the right plan for your needs can be a confusing process. Skip the confusion and let us help you navigate your Medicare Enrollment. Make an appointment today to tell us what you need in your Medicare coverage; we’d be delighted to tailor your coverage specifically to your design.
2015 Medicare Quick-Guide
- OEP 2018: Things to K... — By now, we’ve experienced 4 Open Enrollment Periods since the start of the ACA & Marketplace (Healthcare.gov) in 2013/2014. With the 5th OEP coming soon, it’s time to start getting ready for OEP 2018. Probably the most important update for this OEP is the SHORTER window of time we’ll have to apply for new coverage [...]
- OEP 2017: ACA Open Enrollment for Health Insura... — Click here for our 2017 Open Enrollment Flyer (PDF) If you’re under age 65 and need health insurance–listen up! The only time you can get health insurance (without experiencing some kind of Life Event) is during OPEN ENROLLMENT: Nov. 1, 2016 – Jan. 31, 2017 What’s new for 2017? Only [...]
- 2016 Open Enrollment: Are You Rea... — Nov. 1, 2015 – Jan. 31, 2016 The window to apply for a health plan in 2016 has gotten smaller this year. Last year, the enrollment window lasted from Nov. 1, 2014, through Feb. 28, 2015 (Open Enrollment for plans beginning 1-1-2015 and [...]
- Getting Coverage Outside of Open Enrollment: Qualifying Life Event (Q... — As of May 1, we're officially finished with 2015's Open Enrollment and the Extended IRS/Tax Special Enrollment. The next batch of Open Enrollment will begin later this year, starting November 1, 2015, and ending January 31, 2016, and will apply to plans effective January 1, February 1 or March 1, 2015. Need coverage in 2015? [...]
- UPDATE: Mar. 15 – Apr. 30 is New Tax Season Special Enrollment Per... — CMS recently announced a new Special Enrollment Period for Tax Season: "...(CMS) announced today a special enrollment period (SEP) for individuals and families who did not have health coverage in 2014 and are subject to the fee or “shared responsibility payment” when they file their 2014 taxes in states which use the Federally-facilitated Marketplaces (FFM). [...]