As of May 1, we’re officially finished with 2015’s Open Enrollment and the Extended IRS/Tax Special Enrollment. The next batch of Open Enrollment will begin later this year, starting November 1, 2015, and ending January 31, 2016, and will apply to plans effective January 1, February 1 or March 1, 2015.
Need coverage in 2015?
There’s still a chance to get coverage in 2015 — IF you have a “Qualifying Life Event.”
Don’t have a QLE?
Unfortunately, if you don’t have a QLE you won’t be able to get full health coverage in 2015. In the meantime, you DO have the option of getting temporary coverage through a Short-Term health plan. For more info and personalized Short-Term health quotes, call our office at (361) 993-8888, or email John or Abby.
Qualifying Life Events (QLE):
- Having a Baby or Adopting a Child
- Placement of a Child in Adoptive/Foster Care
- Involuntary Loss of Coverage (N/A if you’re eligible for COBRA)
- Moving to a new residence (if your current plan isn’t available in the new area)
- Gaining US citizenship or lawful presence
- Gaining/continuing status as a member of an Indian tribe or an Alaska Native shareholder
- Leaving incarceration
(This list courtesy of Healthcare.gov)